COMING ON TUMBLR UPSETS ME TOO MUCH GOODBYE EVERYBODAY
- Kevin: did you
- Kevin: did you get the shirt
- Kevin: like
- Kevin: ...
- Kevin: do you
- Kevin: ...
- Kevin: understand
- Kevin: the meaning
- Kevin: of the shirt
- Kushal: yes
- Kushal: and yes I heart you too
- Kevin: ...
- Kevin: what
- Kevin: stop
- Kevin: no
- Kevin: i bet you get it
- Kushal: Get?
- Kushal: what
- Kevin: and just want a confused reaction from me
- Kevin: it says "secretly loathe" in the middle of the heart
- Kushal: I know the heart is supposed to be reminiscent of a colorblindness test
- Kushal: no it doesn't
- Kevin: yeah it does lol
- Kushal: really?
- Kevin: ...
- Kevin: i thought you were trolling me
- Kevin: I LOVE YOU KUSHAL
- Kushal: I hate you
reblog if you have insecurities
if you do, expect a surprise in your inbox tomorrow
i will do every single one
The 1 counselor I told screamed at me, called me a liar and kicked me out.
The 1 female friend I told called me a liar, kicked me out and hasn’t spoken to me since.
The rape crisis line I called told me that women don’t rape men and that it was disgusting that I would lie about something like that before hanging up on me.
The one male friend I told gave me a hug, he asked me if there was anything I needed, then told me he was sorry that this happened to me and that he was there for me if I ever wanted to talk about it. We then went back to business as usual and he didn’t treat me any differently or as if I was some fragile china doll who would break at the slightest touch. I’ll love him forever for that.
TL;DR ; I was raped by a woman and the only one to believe me and offer comfort was another man, all women I told thought I was lying because “women don’t rape men”.” —
Can we please stop perpetrating the myth that women are always gentle and kind and that men are always abrasive assholes?
Also, my heart goes out to this man and he has what appears to be the greatest friend.
This is particularly relevant because it not only highlights the reactions, it also demonstrates what the right reaction to someone confiding in you about victimization is. We’ve mentioned this kind of thing before, but this really highlights how in many ways a big part of successfully addressing rape is not inflating how bad it is. It’s a terrible thing, but if we treat victims like they’re broken, shattered, unsalvageable, better off dead….we’re making it that much harder to pick themselves up and put things back together.
Support. Don’t pity.
for the past three games, ive tried communicating with my team during selection. i need to put this somewhere, so why not.
- First game, I actually got singed, and our draven had the soul reaver skin and proceeded to rape ez down at bot. then bot decided to come up and kill our mid to get fed. at the end, ez was untouchable, and their teamwork was a lot better than ours. a decent loss, okay with it.
- Second time, we had 3 different people vying for top, myself included. i was first pick, but since support was open i chose thresh instead. turns out our top was a first time udyr, which he conveniently mentions AFTER locking in. we lose, even after jungle ganks top many times, and our trist does well against ez. i think he had a phage and merc treads, this udyr…
- Third time: well we now get in to champ selection, and our first pick doesnt say anything, so i ask for top as singed. when it comes time to pick, he instalocks cho and says that he is first pick so he gets cho top. now, normally i would be okay with this, but when i said, “can i top please?” and there was no response, i decided that he was simply an asshole, or just an idiot. (turns out a bit of both). I choose thresh as support again, but someone had apparently called him first (my bad, but i didnt know that someone wanted top, so i was rushing) our mid then tells me that he played with our cho already, and he is terrible. (should have dodged) he then proceeds to insult our whole team, and threatens to feed after the team congratulates him on dying. he then does so, only unintentionally. this guy takes the cake for being a self-centered asshole in this game. not only did he refuse to talk and then insta-locked, he then insulted the whole team for his own mistakes.
solo queue is complete bullshit